- They can try to do it themselves
- Use a friend of a friend or relative
- Use an all-purpose “computer guy” to fix things when they break
These are all considered reactive solutions, otherwise known as the “break-fix” model, which springs into action when an issue arises, costing businesses money to fix the problem, not to mention time and productivity while the issue is being fixed.
A managed service provider allows companies to outsource the day-to-day IT management responsibilities as a strategic method for improving overall business operations. A Managed Service Provider (MSP) such as Optimus Tech Solutions offers specialized services and support at affordable, predictable monthly costs and emphasize problem prevention rather than “break-fix”.
Here are some reasons why managed IT services make sense for your business:
- Consistent IT Spending. As a business owner, you can handle consistent monthly expenses. Where you run into a problem is the surprise one-time cash outlay expense to replace an outdated server or redo your entire IT system. By monitoring business systems for problems before they occur, managed service providers keep expenses predictable, allowing you to confidently budget and plan for them.
- Do what you do best. Unless you’re a technology firm, IT is a tool you use to help run your business, not the business itself. So why should you spend hours messing around with technology problems when you can leave those matters to skilled technicians and concentrate on your business? Optimus Tech Solutions constantly monitors our clients networks to spot and fix a problem without even having to let the business users know.
- The onus is on the MSP not the Business. Unlike “break-fix” vendors, who focus on fixing a discrete problem and moving on to the next one, Managed Service Providers have a built-in incentive to look at a business’ bigger IT picture: where its weak points are, where it could use an upgrade, what might prevent a catastrophic failure.
- Keep up with the technology evolution. IT services are getting simpler to use and more complex to maintain, and that trend is sure to continue as all businesses use technology to try to accomplish more with fewer resources. Bottom line business owners just want IT to work as effectively as possible.
As a Managed Service Provider, Optimus Tech Solutions is dedicated to providing businesses within the Greater Toronto Area with the best managed IT services models possible.