We are pleased to announce that we have been named Partner of the Month by e-ternity, our business continuity service provider. e-ternity has been our offsite backup provider for 2 years and continues to support us with excellent products and services. We look forward to continuing this relationship. For more information on e-ternity, please visit their website at http://www.e-ternity.ca.
Microsoft Office 365 is a secure and anywhere accessible platform to email and calendars, Office Web Apps, instant messaging, conferencing, and file sharing. Microsoft Office 365 is hosted securely over the internet to allow access from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you are in the office or not, you now have the ability to open emails, calendars and contacts, and important files anywhere.
The best part of Microsoft Office 365 is the low monthly fee. There is no need for a large capital outlay to get the latest and greatest software to make your business productive.
Below is a list of the great features and products available with Microsoft Office 365:
- Email and Calendars – Enterprise-grade, cloud-based email and calendars powered by Microsoft Exchange Online with 25 GB storage per user and that is way more than any single person should need.
- Spam Filtering – Microsoft blocks spam keeping your email free from annoying advertising (our clients have ben absolutely spam-free for several years).
- Web Conferencing – High quality online meetings with audio and video. Share your desktop and PowerPoint presentation with staff and invited guests (Cancel your GoToMeeting or Webex accounts, its included).
- Instant Messaging – Instant messaging and Presence (Always be connected and available).
- Team File Sites – Share files and documents with team members (No need to email files back and forth for editing).
- Reliability – 99.9% uptime promise with an industry-leading financial guarantee (Less than 9 hours of downtime over 365 days).
- Security – The data is yours. Microsoft safeguards it and protects your privacy.
Optimus Tech Solutions is a Microsoft Accelerated Cloud partner. This certification ensures that we have the skills and ability to successfully perform your email migration and transition to Microsoft Office 365. Our experience will provide you with minimal impact to your overall business. We have upgraded countless companies just like yours to the Microsoft Office 365 solution and we ensure our clients reach their “IT Goals”. Join the cloud movement and understand the value in having Optimus Tech Solutions as a partner.
Ransomware is a form of malware which aims to maliciously restrict access to an infected computer by locking the computer, encrypting data or by posing as an authority demanding payment. What makes Ransomware different than other forms of Malware is that the infector demands a ransom to be paid to the creator in order for the restrictions to be lifted.
While some lock users out of their computers or programs, Ransomware is also known to encrypt files on a system’s hard drive – only when the creator of the malicious virus is paid their demands is access granted back to the victim. Scareware is a tactic used in Ransomware to coax victims into giving into the “ransom” demands, by posting false claims about illegal web activity, or re-activation of programs.
The urge is strong to pay the fee to retrieve your valuable data, but do not panic. “These scams are designed to create shock and anxiety so that victims respond by sending money quickly,” says the Government of Canada, Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
A Ransomware virus could make its way into an innocent system through many ways, though the most common is through downloading files thought to be protected.
All the malicious acts of Ransomware and Scareware are all enacted to attempt to extort money from the system’s user, by forcing them to purchase a program to unlock the computer, or decrypt files.
Optimus Tech Solutions performs complete security scans and implements threat management appliances that monitor every component of our client’s networks to prevent this type of action and malicious software from ever gaining access to a secured network. Call us today for a better understanding of the options that we can provide to minimize your exposure to risk and keep your data protected.